Downloadable File Size: 9.94 MB (approx.)
Polygon Count: 70 499 (approx.)
System Requirements: Windows/Mac, Poser 5 and above
File Format: Poser
This product contains: cr2, pp2, pz2, and/or other Poser files.
Texturing: Texture Maps
This product uses image maps for textures.
The 500 Series cars of the Fifties were nicknamed "Baroque Angels" because their flowing lines reminded people of the carved wooden figures of the Baroque period.
In 1954, BMW introduced the BMW 502 Sedan at the Geneva Auto Show. The new Sedan featured BMW`s new light-metal 2.6 liter V-8, the most modern of its day and Germany`s first eight since the War.
On the body tab there are dials to control:
- Steering (turns the steering wheel, as well as the front wheels, and controls the driving rods as well)
- Rotate Wheels (rotates all four wheels)
- Open Left Door (opens the door)
- Open Right Door (opens the door)
- Open Bonnet/ Hood (opens the bonnet/ hood)
- Open Boot/ Trunk (opens the boot/ trunk)
- Left Window (raises the window and turns the handle)
- Right Window (raises the window and turns the handle)
- Wipers (controls both wipers)
- FrontLShock (controls the wheel and the shock springs)
- FrontRShock (controls the wheel and the shock springs)
- BackShocks (controls the rear axle and back shocks)
- Sudden Stop (simulates the inertial dipping of a car when braking suddenly, see readme file for instructions on use)
- Animate Flag (animates the flag, only on the diplomatic version)
There are also dials on the individual body parts to control the sun visors, ashtray, interior mirror, lift the seat backs or slide the seats forward and backward.
The spare wheel, and the two front wheels can be moved independantly of the car, allowing animations of changing wheels. The two front wheels also have flat tyre morphs.
The engine can be hidden.
The materials use settings for the Firefly engine with ray tracing turned on. When rendering without raytracing, you may have to replace the glass material, or alter the body, mirror and chrome materials.
The model uses diffuse, specular and bump maps, and is UV mapped and textured and scaled to Poser figures. To change the body texture, just choose any colour, all the rest of the settings remain the same.
The included snow ground prop uses displacement mapping, and this should be enabled before rendering when using this prop.
The included Road Surface is a low polygon prop which can be placed in a scene, and duplicated for a longer road.